In Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book, The Power of Intention, he quotes A Course in Miracles:
The only way to heal is to be healed.
It is the second part of that statement, be healed, that we’re going to concern ourselves. Dr. David Hawkins, in Power vs. Force, writes: “In every studied case of recovery from hopeless and untreatable disease, there has been a major shift in consciousness, so that the attractor patterns that resulted in the pathologic process no longer dominated.”
Let’s look at that for a moment. “…the attractor patterns that resulted in the pathologic process…” tells us, again, that in some way or form, we have attracted the dis-ease or dis-comfort into our experience. We’ve become ill or injured because at some level, we’ve willed it to be. If you can accept that, then you can accept the good news: through the same process that you became ill, you can heal yourself. It may take a little help from mother nature’s kitchen, but when your consciousness changes, you’ll recognize what to do, or who to talk to.
The first thing to do is to become aware of your thoughts about what ails you. Do you dwell on it frequently? Do you worry about the outcome? Are you wandering around all day complaining about how bad you feel and how you’re afraid it may be more serious than the doctors are telling you?
You have to realize that those thoughts are prolonging your experience with illness. They are perpetuating your lack of connection to your source (God, the Universe, Creative Source — whatever works for you. Don’t get hung up on that detail!). The basic fact is that you’ve moved out of the stream of wellness that is intended for you, and you’ve done this by your thoughts.
You must accept some basic points:
- It is natural for your body to be well
- Your body really does know what to do to heal itself
- Even though you in some way attracted your illness or injury, you don’t have to waste your precious mental energy figuring out how you did it. If you already know how, that can be useful in that you’ll be careful not to do it again, but if you don’t know, don’t concern yourself with it.
- You don’t need to understand the cause of your illness. It doesn’t matter in the healing process.
- Your only concern is to align yourself with your natural state of wellness
The basic steps
The first thing to do, as in any purposeful use of the Law of Attraction, is to be absolutely clear in what you want. Take the time to paint a vivid mental picture of yourself in the best of health, completely healed, totally healthy and happy.
This is so important! You must include feelings of being healthy in your picture. Create an in-mind video of joyfully running with the children, playing in a field, working out at the gym, walking down the road. Feel what healthy breathing feels like, what your healthy body feels like. The more vivid you can make this image in your mind, the faster the healing process will happen.
Second, spend time in the morning and evening getting in touch. You don’t have to ‘meditate’, although that’s what you’ll be doing 🙂
Write down this list (taken from Ask and It Is Given, by Esther and Jerry Hicks):
- It is natural for my body to be well.
- Even if I don’t know what to do in order to get better, my body does.
- I have trillions of cells with individual Consciousness, and they know how to achieve their individual balance.
- When this condition began, I didn’t know what I know now.
- If I had known then what I know now, this condition couldn’t have gotten started.
- I don’t need to understand the cause of this illness.
- I don’t need to explain how it is that I’m experiencing this illness.
- I have only to gently, eventually, release this illness.
- It doesn’t matter that it got started, because it’s reversing its course right now.
- It’s natural that it would take some time for my body to begin to align to my improved thoughts of Well-Being.
- There’s no hurry about any of this.
- My body knows what to do.
- Well-Being is natural to me.
- My Inner Being is intricately aware of my physical body.
- My cells are asking for what they need in order to thrive, and Source Energy is answering those requests.
- I’m in very good hands.
- I will relax now, to allow communication between my body and my Source.
- My only work is to relax and breathe.
- I can do that.
- I can do that easily.
Get yourself to a quiet place, where you can lie down. When you first lie down read the list to yourself in a slow, relaxed manner. Lay your paper aside.
Begin to consciously relax your body, section by section, limb by limb. When you feel somewhat relaxed, begin to focus on your breathing. Pay attention to how you breathe. Notice what you feel when you take a deep relaxing breath in, hold it for a very short time, then let the breath out, all the time feeling the air move through your lungs and windpipe. If other thoughts enter your mind, gently, without strain, acknowledge them and release them, replacing those thoughts with concentration on your breathing.
When you’ve done this for a few minutes, you’ll be in a very relaxed, connected state. You may feel some strange sensations throughout your body (I have). Relax and know that this is the healing process at work.
It is important to let this go at its own pace, and not attempt to force it. Relax, be comfortable, and just let things happen.
My reasons for writing this
I want to share what I’ve learned about healing with the Law of Attraction, and to further clarify in my own mind what needs to be in order to encourage healing.
Sometime last week, I noticed a sore on my right leg, just below the calf muscle. I suffer from dry skin in the wintertime, so I didn’t give it too much thought. After a day or two, though, it hadn’t begun to heal so I thought it might be the result of a spider bite, which I’ve had to deal with before. So I packed some charcoal on it, covered it, and went about my business.
This last Monday, I went to the gym. I sat in the sauna for longer than I should have, and didn’t drink nearly enough water. THEN, I went walking around the track, at a pace that kept my heart rate around 140. After close to two miles, I began to notice a pain in my leg, centered on the wound area, but also traveling up my leg into my thigh. I thought that I’d just overdone it a little. I was wrong.
That night, I suffered from alternating chills and sweating, clearly the result of dehydration, I thought. But when I woke around midnight, my lower leg was swollen like a small watermelon. Ruh roh.
So we put another charcoal poltice on it, and I went back to sleep.
[portions removed by request]
So I did what I should have done in the first place. I called an old family friend who’s very experienced in homeopathic medicine and treatments. Her first statement? “Don’t let them cut your leg off!” She knew.
MY healing regimen
I’ll post details later, as well as links to some photographs (which definitely aren’t for dinner-time consumption), but the basics are:
- undertake a heavy-duty system detox
- hot and cold treatments for pain
- SuperFood 4-5 times daily
- combination charcoal, bentonite (the ‘healing clay’), garlic, slippery elm poltice over my whole lower leg changed 6x daily
- no strenuous activity
- keep the leg elevated as much as possible (I’m typing now with my leg on a footstool)
- 1oz or more daily of echinacea tincture
- minimum of 2 gallons of water daily
- keep quiet, and meditate often
So there you have it.
I’ll let you know how it works out, but I have faith that it’s going to heal just fine. I already see improvements, in both pain levels and swelling.
If I’ve miscalculated, I’ll have my wife post the details 🙂
My special request
I hesistate to even ask this, but I don’t really have anywhere else to turn. One of the people in the movie The Secret says, “… the Law of Attraction states, ‘What you ask for, you will get’.” The antithesis of that is that if you don’t ask, you won’t get. So, I’m asking.
This little episode has taken already every cent I had. The supplies I need, after what I have runs out, are going to cost more. If you feel called upon to help, please make a donation to my ‘wellness fund’ by clicking on the donation button at the bottom of the sidebar.
Asking like this goes against my grain; ask Wendy Piersall. But I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.
Thank you all for reading, and I intend that my narrative gives you hope and optimism if you are afflicted with any kind of disease or illness. You CAN heal yourself!